YAH for Tony Wilson! What a privilege, thrill, honour to go down in history as being the author of the book read by possibly more than half a million children at the same time.
But have you heard the book is dedicated to his son Jack? You must read Tony Wilson’s Blog for an insight into his family’s life (make sure you scroll down to the concert experience).
How is this book read to so many all at once? The Australian Library and Information Association – ALIA – holds an annual campaign, National Simultaneous Storytime, now in it’s 17th successful year. Every year a picture book, written and illustrated by an Australian author and illustrator is read simultaneously in libraries, schools, pre-schools, childcare centres, family homes, bookshops and many other places around the country.
The aim of the event is to
- promote the value of reading and literacy;
- promote the value and fun of books;
- promote an Australian writer and publisher;
- promote storytime activities in public libraries and communities around the country;
- provide opportunities to involve parents, grandparents, the media and others to participate in and enjoy the occasion.
Participation is FREE. So checkout your local library or click here to register.