Get involved, read with your child!
This journal encourages parents/caregivers and young readers to participate in reading together. Children at this level of reading are able to fill out the journal themselves and parents/caregivers are encouraged to participate by leaving comments to assist their child with their progress and create dialogue about their learning experience.
There are achievement awards and stickers to help motivate your child to form good reading habits; plus tips for parents/caregivers on correcting mistakes and encouraging their readers to tackle a wide range of material.
These journals are a great resource for teachers to monitor reading participation at home.
Benefits of using the Kluwell My Home Reading Journal
- Fantastic value at $4.95 that lasts the whole year
- Excellent reward system that encourages children to read.
- Develops positive reading attitudes with students and parents/caregivers.
- A great way for parents/caregivers to be involved in their child’s learning.
- Gives parents/caregivers reading strategies to support their child.
- Encourages positive communication between parent, child and teacher.
- Attractively presented – children take pride in using this book.